Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Its the 11th...I think...

Me: Aiyah, no need to remind melah, I set the date in me calendar already.
ND: Good, don’t later forget. You always like that one.
Me: In my calendar aledi. Don’t worrylah!
ND: Just make sure you come.

This is a normal conversation that often take place between me and my friends. Due to my err, somewhat scatterbrain nature, I tend to forget dates and numbers very easily.

For example: -

What’s my best friend’s number?
Erm, I don’t know – wait, it starts with a 016

What’s my best friend’s birthday*?
Erm..I know its in August. Does that count?

I am lousy with dates. I tend to get them muddle up. The conversation that I had with ND really happened. She knew how forgetful I am and having no utter faith in me, she insisted that I jotted the date down in my calendar.

And that is just what I did. I even set the reminder to go into alarm mode dammit.

Needless to say, I didn’t show up for her brother’s wedding. I set it for September 11th - the day when the World Trade Towers collapsed. It was the wrong date.

I was thinking smugly to myself that this time nothing could go wrong.

Obviously, I was mistaken.

What is so hilarious about the whole situation was that I rechecked the date and even told my other pals, K and P that it was on September 11th*.

And here I was thinking, why did her brother set such an auspicious occasion to tie with such a catastrophe?

Damn. I thought it was to do with the alignment of the moon and the stars in the sky. Not for a second did I thought it could be my miscalculations.

Let’s hope I don’t miss her wedding.

*the wedding took place on September 10th. I set the date for 9/11...

1 Comments:

Blogger Akunosh said...

wahahahaha

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home