Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Nightmare? Nah...

Today I woke up at 8.15.... ....and went like, "eh?"

You see folks, yesterday I had a really, really strange dream (okayla...not that weird). It was about a friend of mine whom I have not seen in months and have not been thinking about - at all.


It all began when.....


We met at a mall. Or was it a hotel? Whatever it was, the place was posh. As night embraced the sky, we decided to make a move and was chatting amiably about gawd-knows-what while walking to the car park (he offered to fretched me home, being a gentleman).

What was odd was when we went to the carpark, his gf was in the car.

In the front passenger seat...



...waiting for him.


Now this was strange because: -
1) K doesn't have a gf
2) What the hell was his 'gf' doing waiting in the car for him - the gf he never had, that is.


Oh-kay.



As we approached the car, she screamed and took a knife and killed him. And blood splatter all over my white dress. "Damn the dress is ruined!", I thought.





No, that's not what happened. If you were hoping that's what happened, you're a morbid sadistic freak. You should see the doctor.






What happen was, she strucked me as someone I knew (M) but as we approached the car, she didn't look like M. It was an uncomfortable journey home as his 'gf' was a bit hostile to me.


Okay folks. That's it. The end.


Thus I woke up.


However, I still can recall how K's-supposed-gf looks like. A friend of mine, JM told me that if you dream about strangers aka people-you-don't-know-but-suddenly-prop-themselves-in-your-dream (how rude!) they are suppose to be *glups* ghosts.

Oh dear.


Either: -
a) JM listen to alot of folkore, urban legends, makcik kanteen punya cerita karut
b) JM thinks it would be fun to scare the shits outta me
c) JM has a streak for morbidity


However, what struck me as weird was that K nudge me online today and told me he's in the hospital due to appendics. Now this is downright creepy man*. First you dream about a person, and then you recieve a call from the fella.


Naturally I called him to check whether he's okay. Did I tell him about the dream? No, he would think i am a makcik kanteen that has loads of cerita karut to tell.


P/S: If you have any ghost stories to tell, don' t tell me. Please. Show it back down your throat.

* Aiyah, I not scaredla, just feel a sense of deja vu. Just wanted to make the blog interesting...*grins*

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Hmmm.. you got a weird dream? Well, I couldn't sleep...

Anyway, I do believe that dreams (most of it, anyway) can be explained. From what you have posted, it looks like you actually like K very much and you miss him (subconsciously, I mean)? The reason why there's a gf sitting inside the car was that you thought someone just pop into K's life and you are too late. Oh! Why it looks like someone you know, the M-look-alike? Maybe it's someone close to K, or someone you admire/envy?

Your friend JM is actually right. No, it doesn't mean that all the "strangers" you meet in dreams are ghost. Normally we dream of the people that we know. But sometimes, the "strangers" are the resemblance of the people we know. We combine bits and pieces of the people we know to form the "strangers" in our dreams.

But according to "makcik canteen" story, it's true also. Sometimes people just make things up and say the strangers in our dreams are ghosts. But some monk did mention that for a spirit to communicate with us, the easiest medium is through dreams....

I know these because I studied psychology before and we learn about dream interpretation before.

Sometimes we just cannot explain everything. Why you dream of K when he was admitted to the hospital? I believe there's a bond (that we cannot see) between we and our friends. So when something happened, it somehow triggered our senses and formed a dream.

Damn, I am so full of shit :P

And this comment is like an essay.... Maybe I can write a thesis on this.

8:50 AM  
Blogger dee said...

dang! and i thought it was just a dream...hehehe...

btw, now that you mention it,if i were to think carefully, i think i do miss k. =) damn ur good!

maybe you're right about the bond thing though in my opinion its just plain creepy and astounding at d same time.

however, one things for sure..k and m do not know each other!

p/s:-i hope none of 'those' would try to communicate with me through dreams
pp/s:- if you do write a thesis and become stinking rich and famous, can i be your pr agent? *grins*

10:14 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Well, if you think carefully about it, sometimes dreams are pretty logical, just that there are a lot of hidden messages that we tend to oversee. Well, maybe k and m don't know each other. but you got m-look-alike in your dream is maybe because there are some qualities about m that you admire, envy, jealous, or dislike? they look different in the dream bcoz u tend to "modify" the look and characteristic of m to your liking (or dislike)?

Oh, if I were to write a thesis and become filthy rich, you will get your royalty as my test subject. Or rather, lab rat? Unfortunately, the famous part will be all mine *LoL*

10:38 AM  
Blogger Roy Tan said...

i think adrian should start blogging in ur blog.. he talks alot.. and dee.. ur weirdly morbid!! oh look.. theres a ghost behind u. nyek nyek nyek..

12:46 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

know what, roy? you are right. thanks for the reminder

3:01 PM  
Blogger dee said...

royjan said...
and dee.. ur weirdly morbid!!


im weirdly morbid??what the hell is that suppose to mean? *grins*

3:34 PM  
Blogger Roy Tan said...

woww.. adrian is a frequent visitor.. hehe.. looks like u hav a regular here, dee.. :))

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damaris! *whacks*

one guy a day is enuff :o

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, ask your brother la. he study phycology and is doing fucking well. ;)

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home