Friday, December 08, 2006

Touched by a Stranger..

It's strange, though I often blog about idiots, I fail to mention encounters with interesting strangers. Like today, I was waiting to cross the busy street. This woman comes and stands beside me. The kind-hearted lass, pulled me by the arm and led me across the street! I smiled and said thanks to which an interesting conversation issued with this lass, who is from Japan.

Another incident that comes to mind was when I was walking back (AGAIN). Being the lazy bum that I am, I didn't bother to carry an umbrella. A few minutes later, it started to dizzle. A Chinese lass, pulled up beside me, and offered to share with me her umbrella. My friend J? Well, she got soaked wet walking ahead of us. Heh.

I have on many occassions met many individuals. Some are strange, some are insane but there are those few, that somewhat makes you smile and feel, that the world is indeed a wonderful place.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 possibilities:

1. the jap lass thought you were blind so she offered you help.

2. the jap lass thought you were a small kid so she was helping a kid.

3. the chinese lass thought you were so sick so she offered you the umbrella.

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is sweet for the girl to share the umbrella with you. But what is with the jap lady?? It made you sound like you were blind :P
I remember one encounter was this lady saw me soaking wet standing by the bus stop waiting for the rain to stop, before she got on her son's car she passed me her umbrella and said i could have it and don have to return to her. Probably she saw me shivering and wet LOL but it was really nice of her...
we do still find kind hearted people on the earth :D

1:07 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Adrian - 1)No she did not!! 2) I AM NOT THAT SHORT!!! 3) Er, sick? In what content are you implying that phase buddy??

Michelle - Lol. Well, these are the two incident that happened recently so I really remember it...

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least they aren't ghosts ;D

1:22 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Aysh - ...

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee, sick means ill, not feeling well, both mentally or physically. So allow your imagination to run wild for a while to imagine the last one. Hahaha!

4:24 PM  
Blogger David Tay said...

somehow I presume you are a "people- magnet"...ahahhaa...

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home