Saturday, November 11, 2006

An encounter of the slithery kind - Part 2

Yesterday I was in the office overtime, finishing up some stuff when I received a call from home. My dog, caught a cobra and this time, he killed it. Though it was a black Cobra, my dad said it was a different one then the last time.

However, my relief was shortlived as I heard that the Cobra spat venom into Bobby's eyes. All thoughts of work vanquish from my mind as I wanted to go home to check the wellbeing of my beloved baby. Hurriedly, I proceeded to finish whatever I needed to. The time was 8.05pm when I left the building. Met my friend, and we went to the Dang Wangi station. The train which arrived was packed and we only managed to squeeze onto the third one.

By the time I got home it was 8.45pm. As soon as I plonked my bag I ran outside to see my doggy. His eyes were terrible. They were swollen though the right eye looked better. After manjaing him, I got a cloth and some water to clean his eyes which was tearing. Then I proceeded to feed him with nuggets and codliver oil, clorophil tablets as well my partially finished yoghurt fruit juice.

He lapped it all up - the affection, the food and the medicine. Today I spent most of the day checking my doggy, to see how he is. I am very very relief that he is alright and his eyes are getting better. I currently have a dislike against snake and should my dog been bitten, I think the dislike would have turn to hate.

P/S: I want to buy sulphur. Anyone knows where I can get loads of that?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have cobras around your house? wow. I'm kinda surprised that there are trains that actually stop around your area.

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww.. poor bobby.. hows he now? didnt u take him to the vet and get it clean?

9:20 PM  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

Take your dog to the vet. Seriously! Venom burns and there could be damage to the retina.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael - Seriously, her house is located in a jungle and her address is KL. Yup, she's living in a unique place.

Dee - Please being Bobby to a vet. Venom is fatal and if Bobby's eyes got even a minor wound, it would transmit into the blood stream and slowly poison him. Take him to the vet and get him properly check-up. Please! If you want put sulphur around your house, make sure Bobby wont get a chance to eat it or else it would kill him too.

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagining 'Bobby Blackbeard' with an eye patch... *AARRRRRR woof woof*

Sorry, just had to let that joke out. Yeah, get him to the vet just to make sure of things.

1:22 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Michael - Well, it stops in Bangsar actually and I get a lift back from dad.

Michelle - He is prancing around happily.

Merv - He's okay now.

Adrian - That is the only thing I'm worried about the sulphur

Ian - Oh dear, though I do think a dog with a patch is cute, I don't want it to be my dog!

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sulphur...hmm issit places which sell chemicals and stuff? maybe can steal some from the lab? o.o

seriously...no idea where to get them lol...maybe u can buy snake poison, those baits that kill them...

pity ur dog...hope he gets well soon

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home