Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Winning Streak in a Game of Luck

The game of Monopoly can always bring out the best or the worst in all of us.

I hate to loose.

And I hate playing this game with my brother who becomes a conniving and calculative shrew.

Recently, my mum bought a new Monopoly set after we lost the old one. Happily I tore open the box and proceeded to set things up for a family tournament. As the game began, Lady Luck somewhat decided to favor my brother, who gleefully showed off the various property he acquired.

I on the other hand, had the fewest property in the whole set.

I proceeded to sulk and rant about how unfair the whole stupid game was.

My mum in a resigned tone told me that it was a mere game. Did that made me happy? NooOOo..

I asked whether we could instead play “Game of Life” to which my sister suggested that we finished the stupid game. As you can see, they were all in it together.

*Sniff*


After a few rounds, I only had twenty-one pounds left and several of my properties were mortgaged off.

<>I was in a foul mood but before we could go any further, the game was put to a halt, as it was dinnertime. Happily I rushed out for dinner. The game was forgotten (naturally) as we were to busy watching “Empire” on the Hallmark Channel afterwards.

This would have worked out entirely different if it was ME winning.

6 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

Oh so the TV is fixed? Damn...

See, Monopoly is actually a rat-race game. The better you get out of money strap to become rich, the better your financial sense is.

:P

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as an angel u should b giving an compassionate and lose on purpose :D

10:11 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Adrian - It's fixed all right...*grins happily*

Ayesha - Compassion? Tell my brother that first

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he doesn't claim to be a 'sweet lovely angel'

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wakakakka...anyway, try 'dont panic'. really fun. or maybe 'taboo'. love it to the max at this moment. hehehe

10:46 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Aysh - Yeah. He claims to be more =P

Bee - Taboo? You should try the game of life =)

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home