Friday, April 14, 2006

Of Ghost and Popcorn

I will never understand the morbid curiosity that mankind have for the other realm. Why do people love to go camping, in the jungle and tell of spook stories? How can you sleep after that?

Quite some time ago, I went out with a close pal of mine. Upon arrival at the cinema, most of the movies were fully sold-out. Our only option was ‘The Eye’. You may take us as morons, but we didn’t know what ‘The Eye’ was about. Dubiously, I ask this friend (she’s Indian) whether going to a cinema to see some Chinese flick would be a good idea as I have no understanding of Chinese language.

But being the adventurous (actually the right word would be bored) people that we were, we ventured into the cinema, equipped with popcorn and coke. Never in my life, could I have made preparations for this movie. While the movie began to screen and the credits role, this ghost suddenly appeared on screen, much to my horror, and my popcorn went spewing and blessing everyone nearest to me.

This was when I realize that the movie was not a great idea at all. Then another ghost appeared, without any warning. That was when I really freaked out. Have you ever hugged someone else’s boyfriend in a cinema, thinking that it was a close girlfriend of yours only to discover his girlfriend laughing her heart out? That is exactly what happened to me. Oh, the embarrassment!

We watched the movie at night and by the time I arrive home, I swear, I was praying to the Almighty to protect this scared soul. I did not sleep that night or the night after. After that it was uneasy sleep throughout the week.

Just this week, TV3 screened ‘The Eye’. I wanted to catch the movie but my instinct told me it was best to let bygones be bygones. Plus, I need all the sleep I can get.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! Bloody horror movies get me every single time.

Unfortunately I can't help watching them though. -sigh-

10:37 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

SO YOU ARE THE ONE WHO HUGGED ME DURING THAT NIGHT????

DAMMIT! What a small world!!!!!










.....





Joking. I love horror movie. Its scary but its fun to watch :P

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aren't u the same gal who laughed during the screening of 'psycho' in film class? are u feeling k?...must check out this movie sounds interesting :D

1:41 PM  
Blogger andrewkin said...

Yeah ... sometimes it's just human nature to be scared after those "Stories" ... I never watch HORRORs ... NEVER ... but I am going to make a movie ... TITLED; The Pantene Hair ... lol

9:40 PM  
Blogger dee said...

jay - You're just like me. I rather watch a horror flick during the day not night. You have to see where I live to understand this. *Sigh*

adrian - Veeery funny.

aysh - Psycho was boring. The Amityville Horror was boring. Ghost Train was boring. BUT 'The Eye'...the movie is interesting..and bloody freaky!

andrewkin - Erm, Andrew, I think a similar movie in kin to 'The Pantene Hair' was already made. It's call 'The Wig' =P

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about Exorcist?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

I went to watch "When a Stranger Calls". Basically I LOVE horror movie, and my gf LOVES horror movie so much that 99.99% of the time, she'll pick one at the cinema :/

5:16 PM  
Blogger dee said...

aysh - something tells me I shouldn't watch that

adrian - serious? i thought it was boring =P

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home