Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Part 2: Reunion Gone Wrong

While emerging from the carpark, our new Perdana V6 (it's auto) screeched and by the sound of it, it looked as if my dad had just crash into the Toyota which was parked snuggly in front of the hotel. No such thing. What happen was simply this – the gear box rosak (fail), thus the car mati (died) and one touch of the gear produce the wonderful tune of a cat screeching on a hot tin roof.

Now the car not only stopped but also manage to attract everyone attention as they stop, stood, stared and finally gawked. Yes my friends, we were amidst a bunch of sakais (hillbillies). What happened next was simple. We pushed the car into the carpark and proceeded to call Spanco, the service provider for the car.

The guy at Spanco, Saiful told us that he would get a tow truck from Segamat to tow our car to Eon Segamat. However what he said next came as a shock.

“Oleh kerana cuti mereka hanya mula kerja hari Rabu” (Because of the holidays, they only will start work on Wednesday.)

This was so not good. My response was simple this:-

“Habis? Kita kena tunggu kat sini hingga bila?” (Then? How long do we have to be in Segamat?”)

What happen next? My mum, the diva took over and I don’t know how, manage to get Saiful to bring us a replacement car all the way from Kuala Lumpur. Kudos to Saiful as he was very receptive and helpful throughout the fiasco. Thus, we managed to go to the reunion (my uncle picked us up) with a nice bit of story to tell my relatives. We left in a rush as we needed to wait for the car, which arrived at 11.00pm. Now that is what I call express service as the breakdown only occurred at 7.00pm. Thanks Spanco!

P/S: Kudos to my mum, who is the master at persuasive speech. Damn, I need to learn from her.
P/P/S: Is it just me or does Spanco sounds kinky? Hmm...

6 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

You're female. Body language should be all the persuasive speech you need.

6:18 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Jay - Through a phone?? O.o

11:40 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

If you are good enough, yeah, you can use body language through a phone :P

Spanco sounds so kinky. Maybe you can provide me their number and I'll see if they provide extra services :P

10:52 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Adrian - I assume you're talking from experience. If you want I can provide you Spanco line. Tell me if you receive any extra services k?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Talking from experience? You mean body language through phone, or the extra services? :P

10:47 AM  
Blogger dee said...

O.o I don't want to know :P

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home