Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Let's Keep In Touch...no?

If there is one thing that I suck at, that would be keeping in touch. Know the saying, “Out of sight out of mind?” Yeap, that’s me!

There was a time when I could yak on the phone with friends and thought that snail mail was a cool way to communicate. I was a whole younger then. Today, when people ask me to keep in touch I would nod my head, then proceed to forget about it.

Now, if you want anything, send me an SMS. Fine, fine, if it’s urgent give me a call. I normally don’t call my friends. I SMS. It’s just that I have become so lazy to call people up to catch up. Thus, my New Year’s resolution is to keep in touch with friends and acquaintance alike – especially those who are close to me. So far, it’s been a failure and I am going to blame it on my driving classes which consume my weekend.

Officially, I am free during the weekends. Unofficially, I am lazy during the weekends. To be honest, I am just too lazy to get my butt out of my house to go watch a movie, shop or even dine. But seriously, I need to buck up. I need to get back on track, not become Hermit the frog (wait, or was it Kermit?). To those whom I have neglected, thousand of apologies. And to those that have been going out of their way to keep in touch with me (especially Jamie) thank you. I really appreciate it. Truly.

And no, I am not going to end this blog with something like ‘FriEnDs ForEvA’. You can forget about that. However I would like to say to all my friends who are in college. Wait till you start working. And to my friends who are working, we need to get a life. All in all, Carpe Diem peps!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the heck is carpe diem? and when the heck are u going to reply to my email? miss-wanna-stay-in-touch huh?

8:06 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

yeah when are you going to reply my SMS that I sent to you like the day before 2006?

Oh! How about the email? When are you going to reply?

10:13 AM  
Blogger dee said...

aysh - Carpe diem means seize the day. As for your letter, erm, it's still in progress..*shuffles away*

adrian - You sent me an sms the day before 2006? Erm, I can't recall. As for the email, it's still in progress? *shuffles away*

3:10 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Update for everyone...

Damaris finally replied my email! It was a short one, but at least its better than nothing!

Gong Xi Fatt Cai!

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I got a reply too :) waiting for the second one. Happy CNY!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Woohooo you got one too? That's great! Finally she moved her lazy butt to send some short mails :P

4:30 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Adrian - Happy CNY to you too! *psst* Was the guilt that made me reply your email...

Aysh - *pokes* Well, you can wait summore

Adrian - Lazy butt??! *Hmph*

11:18 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Damaris - Guilt? I didn't know guilt-tripping works on you! And yeah, lazy butt because it has been too long!

Aysh - ya, you got to wait long long :P

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home