Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hello.

Well, I was sitting down and typing the budget of something today when suddenly my phone rang. From the ringtone, it was a business call. Thus I dived for the phone. The identity of the caller? CUSTOMER SERVICES.

Okaay.

I picked it up only to have a fright. What I heard was no human voice. You know those recorded voices that goes, “Please press one for English” *pause* “Sila tekan dua untuk BM” and so forth? Yeap, that was the voice.

To be honest, I was speechless. Who on earth, calls you up and put you to a voice recording? I was asked something about a powerpack. Can’t remember the numbers I pressed or whether I agreed to something with my telecommunication service provider. However, I find the whole darn concept rather cool.
Thus, I displayed it on audio loudspeaker for my colleague to hear.

Her response? Equal fascination.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

Its old :P

Using voice recorded technology, those companies can actually save shitload of money when doing market survey because they do not have to hire any human being to make the calls. Everything is preset and your answer (the numbers that you select) will be stored into the system for statistic counts.

You should see at Europe where they have these recorded voice for PhoneSex line... its hilarious!

10:21 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Adrian - PhoneSex eh? Lemme guess, you kena ah? *raise eyebrow*

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home