Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Nightmare Before Christmas

If there is one thing I have learnt this season of giving, is never to shop the day before Christmas. This is especially a handy tip for Malaysians, as we are a bunch of save-it-for last.

On Christmas Eve, we three siblings rushed to Cold Storage, BSC to get the ingredients in preparation for Christmas dinner. Needless to say, nothing could prepare me for the crowd there. It was as if every human within Bangsar, decided to join in the glory of Christmas, and Cold Storage was packed with people.

What I love about BSC’s Cold Storage is the lack of crowd and this new revelation was not good, being the crowd hater that I am. Thus we braved forward, only to be squashed by every Tom, Dick and Harry all with a turkey each. Okay maybe I am exaggerating, but try queuing up about half-an-hour in the non-halal section for a pound of bacon. Add that with screaming brats running about here and there and you would get the rough picture. Man I felt like going on a rampage with my trolley and hitting every child that was treating Cold Storage like your average Toy‘R’us.

After half an hour of trauma, we emerged unscratched and boy, was I tired. Still, the Christmas dinner the next day made up for the disastrous occasion and I promised myself never again would I shop the night before Chirstmas.
Think the same thing is going to occur for those last minute MyKad makers?

4 Comments:

Blogger andrewkin said...

ai ya ... didnt u know; cold storage is veri famous during xmas! nv go there during festive season!

1:28 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

true. a lot of stupid people think that cold storage is somehow associated with Christmas (maybe because its "cold" storage so they think of snow... or some shit like that)

8:24 AM  
Blogger dee said...

andrew - nope, I didn't know though I suspected. Normally we shop a few days in advance.

Adrian - I love Cold Storage. It has loads of imported goods that are super delicious as they are super expensive

9:27 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Tell me about it. I normally go there to find the stuff I used to buy when I was in the States :P

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home