Monday, December 05, 2005

My Squirrel Story

Man there is a long list of people I have been meaning to catch up with but somewhat with the little free time I have, I sleep. Anyway, before I start ranting about my sad sad life, I will steer clear.

This morning I open my mailbox to find an email by Ayesha entitled “Squirrel Story”. That piqued my interested and I open the mail to find:-

U promised the story of the squirrel overdosed by kellogs frosties...where is it??? :p
love Aysh

Since she is so damn interested (that nosy parker) about the tale of my squirrel, here is the “Squirrel Story”, all dedicated to you.

When I was in form five, I had a whole loads of pets. The list is as below:-

- One cat (Named Wildy)

- Four kittens (Name Manja and Sayang, the other two traitors migrated)

- A dog (Bobby)

- A rabbit (Cleo)

- And, last but not least, a squirrel (it’s nameless as we didn’t managed to conjure a name for it)

Thus, my zoo was complete. Anyway, back to the “Squirrel Story”. My family first encountered the squirrel when it somewhat got into the house. My dad, caught it and caged it, where it enjoyed the life of a maharaja eating and tasting the fine easy life. That was until it escaped.

However, since it has somewhat been tamed and pampered in this zoo of mine, it grew lazy to gathered its own food and came back about two days after its escapee. This time, it was my brother which caught (actually, bribed) it with a watermelon, that it gobbled up delightedly.

Now, for your information, a squirrel basically eats and eats and eats. The food is stored up, just in case they somewhat do not manage to get food in the jungle; they have, what we call, emergency supply.

Thus, when we feed it, it does not stop eating because it relies on its instinct. So that day, when the squirrel came back, I was so delighted I decided to treat it Kellogs Frosties. Needless to say, it ate and ate and ate, that stupid greedy bugger.

Come the next morning we found it dead from sugar overdose. I am dead serious. Try to imagine the guilt I felt when I realized that I somewhat murdered the creature with Kellogs.

That my friends, is my “Squirrel Story”.
NEXT UP: Tale of an Iguana and a Dog.

8 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

You murderer :(

1:54 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Well, at least it died happy, right? :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

hmm... true...

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww thanks...so sweet. A cat named Manja and Sayang...interesting. Didn't something happen to the rabbit as well? See u should write a book good fairytales for our future kids ;-)

8:45 PM  
Blogger dee said...

haha..very funny...*hmph*

10:45 PM  
Blogger andrewkin said...

oh no! not the lizard and the dog!!!! thats ... growse!!! eiwk!

1:00 AM  
Blogger The Maccabee said...

Ooh, a squirrel is a bad choice of pet. They can't really be tamed, and are vicious (even dangerous) when given a chance to...

4:32 AM  
Blogger dee said...

andrewkin - err, ya. that story

the maccabee - now you tell me

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home