Thursday, November 10, 2005

Blue Cheese and Worms?!

Recently, I was reading vynn's blog on 'the making of blue cheese'. Now, for those of you who know me well, you would have come to realise that I always rant and rave about blue cheese as I love to eat it plain, with a good book at hand. Yes folks, my No. 1 junkfood is blue cheese.
I have always known that blue cheese is made using bacteria (DUH!). You know those blue spots you see on the cheese? Those are caused by some (scientific-babble-inserted-here) process done by the bacteria.
Try to imagine the horror when I saw Vynn's post which involve a WHOLE new prespective to blue cheese. As I quote:-
'after a few days or weeks the bacteria will turn into worms'


It gets worse:-

'those worm will survived by eating the cheese. after months, the worms will also die in the cheese and then those 'blue blue mold' will pop out. then, (TADA!)the blue cheese is done!!

Oh dear.

There is a saying 'ignorance is bliss'. Truly, this couldn't be more apt.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

10:54 PM  
Blogger Benny boo doin' the doo said...

thanks dee!! now i won't ever purchase blue cheese from the supermarket! BRILLIANT! don't u just love the facts! I LOVE IT!

1:35 PM  
Blogger dee said...

anonymous - hmph. whats so funny?

box01 - erm, your welcome??

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home