Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Barbie Dolls and Men

Sometimes, remembrance of the past brings a fit of giggles, which is so not good, especially when you’re at the dinner table, with your mouth full. Food just spews out and the outcome is rather messy, if not gross. Yesterday my brother and I were remising on our childhood era and amidst the fits of laughter, I came to realize something – the difference between the two genders.

When I was around six or seven, I was a bossy little girl, who loved Barbie dolls. Now I had several Barbie dolls, which I would dress up and make them have a tea party. I also had Ken, the alter male ego, who is the Casanova in my weird tale of tea parties and shopping malls.

Whenever I tried to get my brother to play Barbie dolls with me, the outcome would be the same.

Me: MUMMMMMMEEEE!!!! John’s doing it again!!! (this would proceed with a really loud wail)
John: *muttering under his breath* Ken wants no party. Ken hates parties!!! (this would proceed with my brother karate kicking my Barbie dolls, who would fly. In other words, physical abuse)
Due to my brother nature, injuries of all sorts soon befell my dolls, such as One Leg Barbie, No Leg Barbie, Headless Barbie, Botak (Bald) Barbie and so on. I never found it funny when I discover that he decided he wanted an entourage of pirates and proceeded to give some of my Barbies eye patches with the permanent marker pen. The ruckus I cause upon this discovery concluded in John getting a nice sounding from my mother.

It goes to show, that girls and guys think differently and when it comes to a Barbie doll, never ever let your brother play with them. After all, some of your dolls might just be collectables in the near future, if they are not mutilated beyond recognition.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

But I bet that right now, when you look at the Barbie Dolls, you will have a good laugh at it.

10:40 AM  
Blogger dee said...

adrian - yeah. it is really funny now that i look back

11:40 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

yeah, because i used to run over my sister's barbie doll with my toy car (and normally its a truck)...

11:44 AM  
Blogger dee said...

adrian - poor poor sister of yours

1:32 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

nah, they still love me a lot :P

8:31 PM  
Blogger dee said...

i rephrase: poor poor barbies :D

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home