Sunday, November 13, 2005

In the name of a goldfish

Just yesterday, a friend of mine asked why didn't I leave my handphone on throughout the night, you know, just in case there is an emergency. Well, I told her, I used too. And proceed to tell her with my tale....

It all changed when a friend of mine called me for a sympathetic shoulder to sob on - at 3am. This friend of mine, called me not to tell me that he broke up with his girlfriend but to pour out a deranged story on his DEAD GOLDFISH that just died. o.O

A dead goldfish. He called me because of a dead stupid goldfish named Fluffy that just past to the Netherworlds. I felt like strangling him. I had a major presentation the next day and when I last check, I was not awoken due to any stupid emergency.

I hate to be waken up from Slumberland, but I don't mind if it's of somewhat importance. Hell, a friend once called me at 4am because she broke up with her good-for-nothing bf. That is understandable. But a DEAD GOLDFISH????Gawd, I seriously don't understand!!!

You know what? I nearly scarstically asked him to put up an obituary as a dedication to his dead Fluffy but I wisely held my tongue. After about half-an-hour of listening unsympathetically to his *sniff*-my-fluffy-is-gone I had enough. I hanged up and tried to get to sleep. It never came.

That was the final straw. After that, I would off my handphone after 12.00am (unless I'm out partying or mamaking, or am wide awake with my groupmates doing our assignments at God forsaken times). You want to call me? Either:-

1) Call the house phone (that is if you have it), and it better be good.
2) Wait and tell me tomorrow your tale

Too bad, if you broke up with your bf at 3am. Too bad if you caught pneumonia. Too bad if you're pet squirrel died of Kellogs Frosties overdose (sadly this happened to my pet squirrel. will blog about it another day). TELL IT TO ME TOMORROW!!! Never, I vow, would another Fluffy-kins story repeat itself. No sir-ee.

*****

"That is the reason behind me switching off my phone," I concluded. She nodded symphatically and proceeded to ask, "eh, what happen to the poor guy? You gave it to him kao-kao ah?"

I just smile. Let's just say that hell hath no fury like a women WITHOUT sleep.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah ha yes the goldfish tale...I have heard it...and I seriously sympathise with u not the goldfish. I will call u another day finished credit on bestfriend.
Adios for now

7:29 PM  
Blogger dee said...

:D you do that girl!

8:01 PM  
Blogger dee said...

becca - whateva. why dont you leave your handphone one one night, and let someone call you about how many rambutans is ripe in her garden eh?

11:01 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

hmmm... my doggie's name is Fluffy! Damn! Hmmm.. its better if you blog everyday if you had a good night sleep or not. I know for sure if you don't, you'll be really ... *cough*... you know...

9:47 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

hmmm... my doggie's name is Fluffy! Damn! Hmmm.. its better if you blog everyday if you had a good night sleep or not. I know for sure if you don't, you'll be really ... *cough*... you know...

9:47 AM  
Blogger dee said...

adrian - haha. very funny. im laughing me head off. serious!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Akunosh said...

warrrggghhhkakakakaka

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home