Saturday, December 10, 2005

Astro and Ants

Okay, this is going to sound so the 'katak di bawah tempurung' (direct translation: from beneath a shell?, correct translation: redneck) but I finally got ASTRO!!!

YAY!!! This morning, I woke up at 9.30, waiting from Mr. Installer to come. While he was installing the decoder and dish, I was taking care of our beloved dog, Bobby. For those of you who have been to the area that I live, you would realise that it is the Jungleville of Kuala Lumpur, where the roads are narrow, with plenty of trees here and there.

Some of my friends get the heebeejeebees just fretching me home at night as the idea of encounters of the weird kind is not to their liking. Thus, they speed once dropping me off. And I mean speed. However during the day, the area looks pleasant and serene, with birds cheerfully chirping, monkeys annoyingly swinging, and ants wonderfully biting.

Yes, I was taking care of my wonderful dog, beneath our belimbing (starfruit) tree where ants were aplenty. Let's not go into how many mosquitos were there. Me and my sister were thinking various mean thoughts on how to kill them. Thus while Mr. Installer was installing ASTRO, we took out matchsticks and newspaper, and proceed to burn them alive. Yes, the smoke was horrid, but man, the amount of ants we killed. IT WAS AWESOME!!!

I felt as if I just been transported back to kampung (village) and felt rather happy with myself. By the time we were done, the decoder was set up and we were happily viewing the channels. Not to mention, rather contented people, who had just accomplished a wonderful mission in life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

hmmm I don't even have ASTRO :(

9:58 AM  
Blogger dee said...

hehe...dare I call you 'katak?'

11:12 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Go ahead and call me whatever you want. I don't care! Besides, I am too busy to watch the programmes on Astro...

12:17 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

well, I still don't. That's why I said I am too busy to watch Astro... I got a lot of things to do, normally, that's why ... *sighs*

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home