Monday, December 12, 2005

The 'Iron' Lion

It’s been ages since I went to the cinema. Still, I don’t really mind, as most of the movies released do not pique my interest. There are only a few movies that I must see and when Narnia was released just a few days ago, my eyes twitched to see how they would adapt the book to silver screen.

I was truly, truly, disappointed. One of my favorite childhood novel has somewhat been mutilated. My advice? Go see the movie before reading the book.

*Spoilers ahead*

Sadly, what ruined this supposedly good movie was Aslan himself. When Tumnus told Lucy at the end of the show, that Aslan is not a tame lion, I felt like spluttering.



Throughout the movie, Aslan behaved like a tame lion. He even looked like one! In the book, Aslan is suppose to be fearsome, yet gentle. Kind, yet stern. Liam Neelson voicing Aslan so did not help whatsoever, as it made Aslan sound tamer then ever.

*Grrr* and Susan, OMG! She freaking annoyed the hell out of me. Whining and whining away! But then, she does that in the book, so…However, Lucy’s attempt to be cute failed miserably. When she grinned she reminded me of an animal that I will not mention here. Let's not even go into 'manly' Peter.
The savior of the story would be Edmund and the White Witch, both who played their parts well. Kudos. Besides, Tumnus, looked rather cute for a faun, so...*grins*
BTW, why is it that I am reminded of the Oompa-Loompas when I see Ginarrbrik?? This kiddy tale is better left to your imagination as you can do plenty there. Conclusion? I should have gone see Aeon Flux. Dang!

7 Comments:

Blogger andrewkin said...

yeah!

9:16 PM  
Blogger andrewkin said...

sorry ... have not finished ... haha... Yah i like Edmund, white witch and the beaver! We so are in the same taste for movie dear! hahaha...

9:17 PM  
Blogger dee said...

When I saw the trailer, I was like, OMG, she's perfect for the role. Edmund was okay as well, as he played the role well, not being overbearing...

like Susan

10:35 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Don't watch Aeon Flux! It sux big time, and I have no intention to watch Narnia :P

11:56 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Let's go watch rock..

haha..*stops* yeah, that was lame

3:47 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

How about King Kong? :P

8:45 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Adrian- supposed to watch that yesterday, but...

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home