Monday, February 06, 2006

Part 1: The Journey Back

To be honest, I wasn’t looking forward to the idea of traveling back to Grandma’s this New Year. Just the idea of being stuck in the car for three hours and the scorching weather made me reluctant to go back. Besides it was one of my a long awaited holiday.

Thus, on Saturday began our journey back and boy, was there traffic everywhere.I was also freaking tired as the night before I only slept at 2am in the morning as I was playing this board game called Dracula.

Before that let me mention that whenever we travel as a family, my mother would pack as if we were going to the Antarctica for a whole darn month. Thus our car was stuffed with bags, pillows, blankets and etc. And I was squash like a sardine as the car booth would not be able to withstand her amount of bags, which would then emulate to the front, in the passengers seat where, I being the eldest, sat in the middle.

This in turn made me unable to sleep the whole journey. While my siblings drifted away to Slumberland, I stared at the scenic view of vast amount of palm oil plantations. Never knew IOI had plenty of plantations. Well, something new discovered everyday.

When we arrived in Segamat, I was so darn happy to just hop out of the car to stretch my legs. Upon arriving at grandma’s place we had lunch then headed to the hotel. Where my fatigue was replace with an urgent sense of exploration of this small town with the knowledge that the next day would see all emporiums closed down with the festive season. Thus I went shopping....



And found nothing.... -_-'


The clothing range there sucked max. Only thing I spent on was Mc Donald prosperity set while my mother went on a shopping spree three times coming back with bagfuls of items.

The only thing a girl deprive from shopping could do was sleep. By the time I awoke reunion dinner had arrive, but that is another story. ^^

To everyone out there Happy Chinese New Year. God Bless!

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

YES!

There's nothing there. Nothing at all. Its an empty town.. the most you can find is cow and goat!

11:26 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Adrian - Eh, not that badla *grins*

2:34 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Well, yeah, it wasn't that bad. But the shopping mall is like the size of... erm... 3 shoplots? :P

12:51 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Not that small :P Was like three seperate buildings ^^

11:03 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Damn! That's HUGE!!! *sarcasm*

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home