Thursday, March 30, 2006

M The Opera

On Friday, I came back dead tired. We went to watch M The Opera at Istana Budaya. Free tickets summore. Hehehe...
Anyway, I was not at all impress. The sound system was bad, and we could see Khir Rahman singing but no voice as he was being drown out by the audio system. It was *shrudder* horrible. To be honest, the cast wasn't bad. Overall, the performance, in my humble opinion could have been better if there were more direction, AND A BETTER SOUND SYSTEM.
One, there were too many dancers on stage, all dancing and it didnt look syncronize at all. It looked messy. However, I really enjoyed the performance of George Chan (Kerabat), and Peter Ong (Solomon). The star of the night however, was little Elyssa Murni Johari who played little Sepi. To be honest this kid stole the show. Still I do wish that they had a BETTER SOUND SYSTEM.
BETTER SOUND SYSTEM would have: -
1) Made me hear exactly what the cast were saying
2) Save me neck strain from looking continously at the monitor for translation
Still, the no brainer of the night would be this idiot that sat in front of us who did not know the meaning of sitting still. He kept on shaking and shaking as if having an epilepsy. Gawd.
Moral of the story?
BETTER SOUND SYSTEM MATTERS AND PEOPLE WHO RUIN THE EXPERIENCE OF A THEATER SHOULD BE....
1) mutilated
2) suffocated
3) strangulated
and
4) .....
..... go figure

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

That means they are not using Seinheisser! Propose them to use Seinheisser and you'll notice the huge difference.

Oh by the way, you gone MIA? Never reply my email :(

4:01 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Seinheisser? -> o.O What is that?

Yeah, I went MIA to get a life :P

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home