Saturday, March 04, 2006

PGLtM

First and foremost, a thousand of apologies for not updating my blog for quite a bit. I have been very very busy at work, what not with late nights and a computer without any internet connection. Ain't that a peach?
Thank God the chaotic drama and stress is over - at least for a while. What have I been busy with? A press conference actually. However, for the time being I am going to keep mum about what the pc was about. Maybe at a later date will I create an online diary on the press conference and the production that we are having.
Anyway, on Tuesday, I managed to catch the last performance of Puteri Gunung Ledang - The Musical (PGLtM) at Panggung Sari, Istana Budaya. It was a glamourous event what not with all the celebs, datins and datuks during interval.
However, was the musical worth it? Yes.
Honestly, I never really bothered when it comes to Malaysian movies or theater. However, who can resist a free ticket you tell me?
I was seriously surprised and impressed. Let me begin my review with the cast.
Tiara Jacquelina @ Gusti Puteri Retno Dumilah
She is not only the executive producer of the musical but also the lead actress. Tiara can act, dance and look good doing it. However, can she sing? She's not bad, but she's not good either. But who am I to comment, croaking in the shower? Still, overall, I think she did well.
Stephen Rahman-Hughes @ Hang Tuah
Now I really tabik (salute) him. He gave a splendid performance and boy can he sing, dance, and act. How on earth does he capture all the emotion into his song is beyond my comprehension. But more importantly, he makes you feel for him (as Hang Tuah of course!) and looks damn good doing it.
Adlin Aman Ramlie @ Sultan Mahmud
Not bad. I like his phase - anak raja. Nevermind..
AC Mizal @ Gusti Adipati Handaya Ningrat
Okay, this is one man that growls and shouts all the time that you just feel soar hearing him. Then he proceeds to sing. How does he do it? AC Mizal does not have a bad voice, seriously. Plus, his acting skills is not bad.
Sukania Venugopal @ Bayan
To me, she stole the show. I just love her scene presence and the raw emotions she brought out through singing, just bowled me over. Her acting, her dancing, her singing, and the way she carried her role as Bayan, the sacrificial martyr...
Ensembles
They were good. Real good. "Melaka..." Gawd, I wanna sing...
Musical team
Some of the songs just stayed in my mind going on. And on. AND ON. I still have the damn "Melaka" song in my head. Argh!!!
Lighting & Stage design
Lighting - Brillant
Stage design - Not too bad.
I can go on and on about this musical. Conclusion? Thank God I did not miss it.
(*Psst: The musical is sOOoo much better than the movie. Really..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home