Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tesco buns

Was trying to pujuk my dad to go visit the Tesco at the Curve today. Failed miserably as he's now Carrefour No. 1 supporter.

Which brought about the subject of Bristol and the Tesco days we had there. I spent a small part of my childhood in Bristol and if there is one thing that I can remember about that place, it's Tesco.

Why is the memory of Tesco so etched in my mind?

Maybe it was because...of a small incident that took place, when I was a wee kid...

Whenever we went to Tesco, I would explore with my dad's watchful eye. There was this one time I saw a trayful of croissants and other buns being displayed on the table. Greedily, I reached out and bit one of the croissant. Now, I never knew how rubber tasted like. Not only did I discover the truth at that moment but my razor sharp teeth managed to leave their 'C' mark on the fake rubber bun. It was the most HORRIBLE crossaint I had ever tasted. Was I devastated? No, I was furious.

Imagine a four year old kid, telling off a Tesco guy.

"Why are those buns fake?"

"Because they are on display..."

"But they are fake!!! I bit one of them!!!"

That was what I did.

Was the Tesco guy mad? No, he was amused. TOO amused. Eventually he went away and came back grinning away with a croissant in his hand. A real croissant. FOC.

Moral of the story? Sometime it takes a fake thing to produce results?Hehehe...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It s rather fascinating as to how a person with such a weak teeth was able to bite the fake croissant without leaving a souvenier..*grins* her tooth..haha....probably thats why the Tesco guy was amazed haha!...it probably was stinky and gooey that he had to get her a better croissant...how sure are u dam dam that the one he gave you was not fake as well? haha.....he said its real but it could have been fake...u wouldnt noe haha...:D....so much for strong teeth!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

Gwahahaha! I bet you still can get away with that now ;)

omg. I swear I just laughed my socks off.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Tesco dude was afraid that you will sue them for the fake croissant.

Hell, maybe he pitied you for being such a ... ermm... blonde (couldn't find a better and appropriate word) so he just gave you one.

11:21 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Lizzie - I am sure I would be able to taste a fake croissant from a real one.

Merv - Hmm..If I did that today, people would officially regard me as a bimbo. Or retard. Or both.

Adrian - How can I be blonde excuse me? I'm brunette?

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u greedy lil piglet :D

12:14 AM  
Blogger dee said...

HEY!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home