Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Gulai Asam Pedas satu!

I dissected a fish, for the sake of “Gulai Asam Pedas”.



Oh, the trauma!

Try to imagine; Mr. Fish looking at you with his dead pan eyes, lifeless on the chopping board with no form of resistance. For some unknown reason, I felt guilty just staring at the dead fish.

My mum gleefully told me the correct way to cut it. Rather reluctantly I proceeded with caution. Bugger’s head didn’t want to come out much to my frustrations. It just dangled there while the blood oozed out, making wonderful patterns on my shirt. In my head I kept on saying, “I’m so sorry” while hacking away at Mr. Fish.

Then came the gross part. I had to remove all forms of heart, lungs and whatnot.

Not only did I felt squeamish, I wanted to puke. Praise the Lord; I was never in the Science Stream during my school years. Gawd knows what horrors awaits when faced with frogs.

I did manage to make the “Asam Pedas”. After a while, Mr. Fish was beginning to look rather appetizing that all form of repentance into vegetarianism vanquish with a slurp of the wonderful brew.

Moral of the story: Always get the fish monger to do it for you.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heheheheh...I hope to see you and fishes have much more healthier relationships in the future.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

you will have to dissect a frog, a rabbit, a cockroach, and whatnot. Then you got to remove those internal organs, stretch it straight and measure the length, and weight the still beating heart (if you are really good with knife, the heart will still beat when you take it out)... oh did I forget to mention that not much blood will spill? If you are careful that is...

11:37 PM  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

Actually, chopping fish smells much worse than disecting frogs. First time I saw my mum cutting up a fish, I puked. I was a wee little kid then.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Akunosh said...

i got nothing to say..

BWAHAHAHAHAHA..!!!!

10:30 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Aysh - I hope so too. I'm going to get a sharper knife. =)

Adrian - I, err...O.o

Merv - It smells HORRIBLE. Tooddlelooz, I'm off to buy a gas mask. =)

Akunosh - *grins*

11:36 AM  
Blogger MICHELLE said...

D,
I don think i can cut any fish except those frozen nicely pack and sliced dory from super market :P
i cant stand the smell of fish! hate it when i have to walk pass them when i go pasar malam or wet market..
solute u...
and yea.. just get the fish monger do it for u la.. lol or ur future husband ;)

4:41 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Why do I have this nagging feeling that your hubby would be cutting ALOT of fishes?

=P

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site http://www.upskirt1.info dvd windows media player Treadmills fitness unlimited houston texas Con cise contact lens contact lens order Affiliate marketing guide 10

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home