Friday, July 07, 2006

Klutz Point of Referral

There are times when I am a total klutz....

Two years ago, I was doing my internship in Company Y. Now, when it comes to Malaysian celebrities I totally suck. I could be standing next to revered local artiste, not knowing he acted in some fabulous sitcom. There was this rather cute guy from Company Y but from another department. I thought he was a singer because I saw him singing on stage with Ning Baizura.

Thus I told two of my collegemates (who were also interns there), R and Z, that there was this cute-singer-whom-I-don't-know-the-name working in Company Y. The two of them automatically wanted to find out who it was but it was not easy as the three of us worked in different departments.

Until one day.

The singer was driving back and the three of us was walking out of the guardhouse. When I saw him, I shouted, "OMIGAWD!!!That is him!!That is the cute singer I told you guys about!!!" while hopping excitedly around. When I said shout, I mean yell.

My friends, R and Z, startled, stared at me with mouth gawking. They then burst into laughters. It suddenly dawn to me what I actually did. I had an audience, the guards, some worker and pratically everyone who was within the vicinity of the guardhouse. My face turn a whole new shade of red and I wanted the earth to swallow me up. The guards? They were grinning away at their 'live' reality show.

As for my internship, it went very smoothly, thank you very much. Z later on told me that the cute-singer-whom-I-don't-know-the-name was actually the host that she kept on gushing about. Trust Z to know the entire list of celebrities in Malaysia. But what happen in the guardhouse would always be a point of referral for Z and R's jokes.

P/S: No, I wasn't starstruck. He was cute. Very cute.

10 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

Awww that was oh so sweet, I mean the new shade of red thing.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if the guy even considered her attractive before this incident he must have really loved this new psychotic side of dee :D

2:37 PM  
Blogger dee said...

adrian - Trust me, it wasn't so sweet from where I was standing.

aysh - Lolz. We got on very well. Besides, my psychotic side is only shown to the people I love. Like you. =P

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor me...where are my pancakes? u mean selfish angel who now thinks she flies like superman:p

3:33 PM  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

You yelled that out?? Whoaa... He must've been really that cute! Lol

11:07 PM  
Blogger dee said...

aysh - An angel that thinks she flies like superman? Me? I think you've lost it dear..

merv - *Sigh* Yearp. I yelled that out. Either a) He was too dang cute or b) I momentarily lost all sense of sanity. What says you? =P

10:32 AM  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

i says, too dang cute. whee

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please don't encourage her Merv...regarding angel/superman:-

damaris_kiat: off to make pancakes with becca
ayesha: ok
ayesha: me want too
damaris_kiat: no u cannot have any
damaris_kiat: its all MINE!
ayesha: with strawberries and cream
ayesha: u are a mean angel
damaris_kiat: too bad
ayesha: :@
damaris_kiat: hehe
damaris_kiat@: im a stingy angel
damaris_kiat: i aint mean
damaris_kiat: because im faster than superman
damaris_kiat: might be back later
damaris_kiat: or not back at all!

5:06 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Merv - Your encouragement is much appreciated.

Ayesha - Defamer!I'm so not going lingerie shopping with you. =P

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its not defamation its a conversation we had on msn *looks around for Dees mum the judge*

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home