Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Singing in the Rain

When I was working in Company X, my colleague and I got stranded in the KTM station. It was late; I was tired and it was pouring dogs and cats.

For no reason whatsoever, I decided not to seek shelter but to dance in the rain. Once again, I was carefree, with not a burden in the world. As I laugh and sang (croak) my colleague stared in utter amazement at to what a loony I could be. It was not before long he was joining me singing and laughing away.

Somewhat it was an amazing experience, not caring about the world as the raindrops wash away the fatigue. By the time the train arrived, we were shivering but laughing away. By the time I arrived home, I was sneezing away. By the time I had a mug of hot coffee, I was reaping the consequence of dancing in the rain.

The next day, I was on medical leave. So was my colleague, who also caught a cold. Life is to be lived and enjoyed, what’s one cold or two, when you can break free from the chain of conformation....

hmmm?

9 Comments:

Blogger Merv Kwok said...

amen to that. i shall break the chain of conformity and dance and sing under the blistering hot sun instead haha. i'm an idiot

11:08 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Well, I would suggest that you break the chain of conformity when there is a hailstorm, but hey, it's your call. Just don't buzz me if you faint from dehydration ya? =D

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehhe...hey they made a movie out of it remember 'singing in the rain'?
I wish it would rain in this heat in Khi...

2:34 PM  
Blogger dee said...

aysh - I love the movie. Well, I wish I could dance in the rain too. It's just too hawt here.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no worries next time I am there we go get pneumonia together ok?
heheheh

3:35 PM  
Blogger dee said...

You can get pneumonia....

By yourself?=P

Nah, let's dance togetha!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes and then go buy lingerie :D

5:08 PM  
Blogger dee said...

There is no way I'm going shopping for lingerie with you.

Ever again.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its ok you give all your money to me just come for company :D

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home