Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mishap No. 1


Margaret Thatcher favourite drink is gin tonic.

...Or so it seems.

Went out with J the other day and to our favourite eatery in Midvalley when a weird an interesting thing happened. As we were eating and talking on a few matters, the manager headed in. I somewhat managed to catch his eye and smiled (he would always pop over for a few seconds chat whenever my family was around).

Seeing that it was one of his regular patron, he came over and talked to us . I thought it would be over in a few seconds, but I was obviously wrong. Next thing I knew, he pulled up a chair and started talking.

Oh boy...

He started with asking us whether we were single (why do they always do that?) and began to tell us that we should find someone who is similar to ourselves as opposites never last long and yadda yadda yadda...you get the drift.

After the lecture that we did NOT need he proceeded to tell us the various patrons of the eatery and how some of them were loaded making big bucks every month.

*Flips hair* Like I cared.

It starts getting weird when he mentioned that there was this dude earning RM8 (get this!!!) MILLION a month who is a parton of the place, and would often chat up with him.

Haha. Yeah right. If I made RM8 MILLON a year, I wouldn't announce it to any stranger. It's like courting for trouble. Beside if someone in Malaysia really did make RM8 million a month he would make RM96 million a year. Why would someone of that status need to stoop down and tell you every tinsy bits that happens in his private life.

As he rambled, J frantically kicked me under the table.

It got to a point of ridiculous when he said that he had serve Margaret Thatcher and various other VVIPS her favourite drink, when he was working elsewhere.

*Sigh*

I might not be the brightest lass around but PLEASE give me some credit ok?

It got worse. It came to a point where I was facinated by his nonsense. I was enthralled as to how much BS could come out from a person. Thus I sat there listening earnestly, until it got to a point of preposterous. I couldn't help it and I had to cover my mouth for fear laughing out loud at all his far fetched tales. I was going to exploded into a fits of laughter but forced myself to say that J and me were rushing out somewhere.

As soon as we were out of the place we scrambled for the elevator and once out of sight we burst into a fits of laughter. My view on the manager has thus changed to one of polite friendliness to lunatic hilarity. And I think, it would be quite some time before I go there again...

*Hmm...remind me to blog on the misadventures that I have been through in the various eateries. It is interesting alright? After all, you can never get bored with waiters, mishaps, and just plain nonsense. Only question I have is WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME???

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm I don't know maybe its the perfume you wear :D

4:21 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

never heard of "the same always hang out together"?

You are weird, that's why you attract all these weirdos. Good for you tho. Next time I will know which group of people are weirdo on the street when I see you.

LoL

2:07 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Aysh - I got three perfume...All damn nice...Hehe..But you're not talking about my perfume collection are you? *Winks*

Adrian - HEY!!I am a rather normal person...It's not like I have an in-built magnet to attract these kind of people...

...I hope..

2:27 PM  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

I make RM8 Million a month (minus RM7,999,990 of course).

Weird manager that was. Amazing load of cockery he has.

2:31 PM  
Blogger dee said...

You have yet to meet the waiters...Like boss, like staff? Lolz..

8:28 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Oh you have the in-built super-ultra-powerful magnet that attracts weirdos. :P

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am telling you its her perfume or maybe its body odor :D

6:52 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Adrian - Yeah, it comes with a sensory aura system. After a few adjustments, I can roughly tell when one is weird or not..=P

Aysh - *shrudders* I hope it's neither!!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home