Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh, the irony!

“Wah, nice phone,” I said admiringly.

“When you got it?”

“I snagged it,” D proudly claimed.

“You snagged it??!”

“Finders keeper wat…,” he said, abeit defensively.

We were having mamak when I noticed D’s phone. He got it FOC at another mamak place when some unfortunate soul left it.

*Rewinds back two years*

I was in Ipoh for an event. While in the changing room, I stumbled on a new camera phone from Samsung. It was silver. It was beautiful. I stared at the phone. I looked around. No one was there.

Common Damaris. New phone what. Take only…
Cannot, cannot. Guilty. Stealing is wrong! How can I sleep liddat?
But it’s a camera phone.
Someone is probably going bonkers wondering where her phone is.
But it’s the latest model wei…

In the end, I went about searching for the owner of the phone and returned it. Before you say I am a saint, I am not. It’s just that I can never bring myself to take what is not mine. I know for a fact, if I tried, I would reap the consequence of a wonderful guilt trip. Peace (to me) is more important that material goods.

That being said, when I arrived back in Kuala Lumpur, I found that my mobile was missing/stolen.

*Spoof*

This is what we call irony, friends.

*Rewinds back to the present*

“I hope someone snag your phone next time,” I said

“…”

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember how my buddy F's phone got stolen and I kept calling from Oz and it would go answered or someone would pick up and not say anything. When F emailed and told me the situation I sent a really nasty sms to the guy. I was worried like hell and all I got was answered calls and messages...I hate f**kers who take other ppl's stuff. Tell D (I think I know who it is) that he will reap the consequences sonner or later.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for me, I'm gonna definitely keep it. That is if I 'found' it. Just like what you do to a 50 ringgit bill on the road. It's different from 'stealing'.

7:38 PM  
Blogger serene said...

yea, i would've been like you too. did the right thing...God's gonna bless you !! haha. seriously

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about it. If your conscious is giving your trouble by keeping the phone, let me know. I can keep it for you, free.

3:27 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Aysh - The thing I hate the most is losing my sim card with all the numbers. I have still to recover half of them..=(

Michael - Hehe..technically, it's not stealing if nobody claims it. =)

Serene - Yay! *awaits blessings* Hehe..

Adrian - Banyak cantik muka kau

9:02 PM  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

If I found a phone, I'd leave it on for a few days and wait for the person to call and if he or she does, I'll return it. Else it's miiinnnneeee

10:44 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Merv - Good thinking oh sage one.

10:18 PM  
Blogger David Tay said...

"thou shalt not steal" so said. Be proud of what you did ;)

I've added you to my list...add me too aighht. =)

ps. roy have been MIA heh, haha...

4:50 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Lolz. Roy always the missing one. Hehehe..=)

12:06 AM  
Blogger David Tay said...

lols cant agree more..

nah he just told me he lost passion in updating his blog already.

excuses, muahhaha..

come visit mine anytime ;)

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home