Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Piano and Rotan

i was forced to learn piano when i was four.

note the word forced. and boy, did i hate it.

imagine this: -

girl sitting with tears in her eyes in front of the piano. father with rotan (cane) in the hand. tears streaming down her face as she plays.

so the drama right? that was how much i loathed piano. i was only four, but hey, i found something to hate.

as the years went by, it became more like a norm. i found piano a mafan (troublesome) thing and went half-heartedly. i stopped in grade 5, when i shifted back to kl.

however, there are times that i wished i continued persuing the fine art. if you were to ask me to play a piece that i use to pratice like hell once upon a time, i cant anymore. i can barely read the notes man!

still, whenever i see a friend play the piano, nostalgia would strike and the image of my dad with the cane would bring a smile to my face. man, do i miss piano classes!

6 Comments:

Blogger vynn-may said...

yeah~~ reminds me of my piano classes...
hmm..miss the time ler...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Akunosh said...

how i wish i can play piano..!

and guitar... and drums..

9:28 PM  
Blogger dee said...

vynn - i so get u! i still wished i completed it

akunosh - hehe..i wish i could play the piano too! btw i have a friend, who can play 13 instruments

10:45 PM  
Blogger andrewkin said...

I love guys who can play the piano! I love girls who can sing with piano! Agh* I am one of the "tak jadi" pianist! MAN IF I WAS STRONG ENOUGH TO CONTINUE, I might have been a charm! DAMMIT

1:20 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

my mom tried to force me to learn piano as well since both my sis know how to play. But I'm basically a music-idiot: I can't sing, can't dance, can't play any music and even whistling is off-key. So...

8:19 AM  
Blogger dee said...

andrew - *sigh* too bad i cant do both man. cant play for nuts and cant sing to save my life.IF ONLY I CONTINUED TILL GRADE 8!!!!

adrian - hehehe..same boat dear, same boat

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home