Wednesday, October 05, 2005

the fasting month

today is the beginning of the fasting month.

the fasting month often bring back memory of a funny incident that happened to me when i was about eleven.

i was waiting innocently for my dad, to go back home after a tiring day at school. and i was slurping a nice delicious ice cream. man, did it taste good, with the weather warm and all, when suddenly i was approached by this girl who was glaring at me.

*blink blink*

the glare became a scowl.

me *still blink blink*

"oi, kenapa tak puasa?" (oi, why aren't you fasting?)

yeap, that was what she said and i was like -> ?????

she then went on a nice blabber session while words like "dosa"(sin), "neraka" (hell) and etc swept over my head as i continue to slurp my ice cream.

it went for a good five minutes until her sister, my classmate approached us and tarik(pull) her by her tudung (im serious. it really happened)

"shh..dia bukan melayu, bodoh!" (shh, she aint a malay, stupid!)

*stun silence*

soon a van approached an a rather red tomato boarded it making sure not to look me in the eye.

needless to say, she avoided me whenever she saw me in my school.

to all my muslim friends, selamat berpuasa (happy fasting)!!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Akunosh said...

hahahahaha..

but my chindian fren did otherwise..

him (in McD): assalamualaikum
cashier in tudung: wa'alaikumsalam
him: big mac satu..!
cashier:m $#$^$&^FGDCXA@!!$

muahahaha

8:51 PM  
Blogger dee said...

hahaha..good one!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me ah, if someone did like that to me, sepak dia already. "Cakap banyak la."

9:18 PM  
Blogger dee said...

anonymous (konon) becca - man you are violent. maybe should ask mummy to cut down ur time on those kill and destroy games

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xP

Hey, that melayu konon pandai person cari hal okay!

Make assumptions. Tiada otak.

9:31 PM  
Blogger dee said...

anonymous (konon) rebecca - she was in std three for goodness sake!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really? but u don't even resemble a malay...
strange

1:22 AM  
Blogger andrewkin said...

well ... it depends on le. I think dam looks very different from a mly. perhaps tat person was someone who likes to generalize ... u know ... msians do so ... so often!

Please ... i was mistaken as MLY too ok ... DO I LOOK LIKE A MLY! DAMM MAN

2:18 AM  
Blogger dee said...

aysh - hehe..maybe i was really tan as a kid..i dont know...

andrew - well i just thank god that i dont recieve this kinda nonsense anymore. as for john, he just puts on a british accent during the fasting month.
btw, people have commented to me that u look like an indonesian chinese so maybe thats y

10:48 AM  
Blogger andrewkin said...

#!@%(!@$*@w*d!!!!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe u can adopt a aussie accent if it happens again? lol what'd ya think mate?

1:22 PM  
Blogger dee said...

andrewkin - am sorry. but its true..eh, indonesian chinese suppose to be damn cute ok??

aysh - nah, am going to speak very the melayu...this should provide me enough entertainment

5:14 PM  
Blogger Roy Tan said...

hehe.. if mlayu asked me like that, i'll tell the fler.. 'saya mau pegi neraka, kamu mau ikut?' :P

12:13 PM  
Blogger dee said...

two.creature - so that is what u'l say eh? betcha kena mistaken for a malay before! =P

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home