Thursday, September 29, 2005

A dose of Dr. Lai

woke up yesterday feeling terrible.

i am down with flu, cough, and sore throat. thus, i went to see the family doctor yesterday. i don't know bout you, but i am terrified of doctors. since i was four i would wail and purposely drag my feet if i were forced to pay a visit to our friendly family doctor, dr lai.


the clinic

i remember running around being chased by my mother, my father and dr. lai who wanted to give me a leathal dose of injection (ok, ok, i was five with a vivid imagination). i was terrified of the long needle dammit. needless to say, i cried my heart out while trying to tell my mum that dr lai was "evil". soon changed my mind though when he bribed me with chewy tablets in white, pink and yellow.

this time round i was feeling too sick and tired to feel fearful. when i went into the consultant room, a rather weird conversation issued.

dr: when did you get the scar on your forehead?
me: *grinning sheepishly" i-
dad: (cut me off) she-la so naughty when small. jumping on the bed dont want to listen to her mother, fall down, padan muka
me: (sulky face..*hmph*)
dr: (smiling) well if it was recently there is this latest technology that -babbles babbles babbles -

he was my family doctor for so many years and now baru notice the scar meh?? apa macam??


* i got two days mc and a whole loads of pills. i have to finish the antibiotics. feeling guilty not at work as i hate being idle for more than one day.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh u poor gal...so are u going to get lazer teatment of some kind for the scar can I get it on video? would be so cool:)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Akunosh said...

get well soon..!!

10:56 PM  
Blogger dee said...

aysh - a video on scar laser treatment???what do u want it to be???a music video?? sheesh..

akunosh - thanks for d concern..am recuperating!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

more like a horror film *tee hee* may I? can I? need ur permission lah otherwise plagarism :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger dee said...

you may not...*grins*

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:(

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, Dr Lai is not thaaaaaat bad xD

8:15 PM  
Blogger dee said...

he is when ur five

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your imaginations are vivid... Figures =S

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home