Monday, September 26, 2005

Undang-Undang!!

for the past two days i have been busy.

on saturday i had my undang exam. on sunday went for a shopping spree in Isetan KLCC (more about that in the next blog).


the bibles of undang

now, when me instructor told me last week that we could take the exam the following week (earliest date is sat), i told meself, "aiyah, take on saturdaylor". we just needed to give him prior notice, two days in advance.

so on thursday i confidently called the driving center in the morning confidently notifying them that i was ready to roll!

well, i soon became less confident when i talked to a collegue of mine, Michelle, who passed with flying colours though her friend gagal (re: failed).

shit.

how come i never heard of anyone failing before? everyone always told me "senang saja (easy only)!!no need to study".

thus i panicked. i mean really panicked. on friday night, i tried to study but was too tired. the idea of failing was scary. i dont wanna fail in a stupid undang exams. it would be like...failing in UPSR


with a post-grad degree

so on friday i went to bed early, woke up on the exam day early and studied. i went to the exam jittery while my brother, john* cockily challenged me to see who get the highest.

like hello? im scared of failing here and you're challenging me rm50 to see who get the highest? i declined much to his dissapointment.

we went to this place, reflex or something like that and proceed for the exam. first we had to sit for this buta warna exam (colour blind) where if u even make one mistake u cant take undang. fuck. that made me more nervous than i was.


the center where i took the exam

i did the buta warna exam and passed with flying colors. i then proceeded to the undang exam which i finished in 20 minutes in a panic heart paliptating state. i had another 25 mins which i used to double check two times like nobody's business.

when 33 mins proceeded i gave up. i thought to myself, "if fail, failor" and clicked the tamat ujian (end exam)*.

"tanniah, anda mendapat 92%" (translation: congratulations, you got 92%)



i grinned idiotically and went out to see john who finished the exam earlier than me.

he got a 42/50.

i felt like banging my head on the wall. i could have been rm50 richer dammit.


* we took the exam together, btw

* undang exam is a road safety exam to instill road awareness in an individual (obviously its useless to us malaysians). it is an objective question exam with 50 question with an allocated time of 45 mins. however u need to pass the 13 question buta warna exam first before u can take the undang exam to see if you can tell when a traffic light says stop. u cant make a mistake. all this is done using a computer.





6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so u are going to be another crazy nut on the streets of KL to watch out for huh?
Congrats...don't ever drive me around anywhere if I visit :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger dee said...

haha. very funny. joke score = D -but will give you a D for effort. *grins*

9:40 PM  
Blogger The Maccabee said...

I'm personally putting off my driving tests as long as possible. As long as I don't have to drive, God willing, I'm not going to do so!

The roads are better off without me. ;)

3:21 AM  
Blogger dee said...

don't believe that u are that bad a driver!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

congrats for passing with flying colors! so now we all have to feel unsafe...

4:41 PM  
Blogger dee said...

haha. very funny adrian

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home