Thursday, October 06, 2005

fasting month day 2

went to devi's and bungkus(packed) teh halia and vadee (dunno the spelling..its some kinda indian savoury doughnut thingy..yummy!) to be eaten in the office....for tea

everyone was staring at me and i was thinking of yat assalamuilakum thingy...man i so wanted to do it!

waitress: (cheekily) dah makan? (eaten?)
me: *grinning* sudah (have)
waitress: aiks! tak puasa (aiks! not fasting?)
me: bukan melayula...campur (not malay..mixed)
waitress: patutlah..muka bukan macam melayu(no wonder! you dont look malay)
me: (-_-')

if i dont look malay why ask ah encik???

anyway, there was this bunch of cinapeks sitting at devis who stared at me aka goldfish.

i just couldn't resist..i jingled my food at them, gave em a cheeky grin, winked and strutted away...

i could just wear a cross i know, but where is the fun in that??

4 Comments:

Blogger Akunosh said...

MUAHAHAHHAHA

8:16 PM  
Blogger The Maccabee said...

Heh, I get a lot of the same thing, but this time many people think I'm Jewish.* Surprised I haven't gotten a bunch of people greeting me for Rosh Hashanah earlier this week... ;)

I suppose it's (a.) the beard, (b.) the fact that I don't eat pork or shellfish (because I don't like the taste, not for any other reason) and (c.) because I'm often singing from Fiddler on the Roof. :D
__________
*Some estimates are that there are more Jews in the United States than there are in Israel.

8:43 PM  
Blogger andrewkin said...

next time, you wear a scarf la! Then only suprise ma!

10:54 PM  
Blogger dee said...

akunosh - as i said, pure entertainment..*grins*

maccabee - no kidding!jew eh?? u dont like porK??????why??????anyway, i so love fiddler on the roof!!and...happy Rosh Hashanah!!hehehe

andrewkin - i did that beforela...my scarf nice goldenish brown summore..nalina said i look like iranian..hahahaha..after a few times, it wasnt so funny anymore..

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home