Monday, May 29, 2006

Rum Crummy Jungle...

If there is one thing I have learnt on Saturday is that Rum Jungle sucks.

Big time.

As we celebrated our friend's birthday, we found ourselves in Hard Rock (one of my favourite spots). To my delight, the vibe that night was good. As we had our dinner, we argued whether we should stay or adjourn. Then, as the band started to play, a bunch of hot Latin guys emerged from nowehere and proceeded to sit right across us. Damn, they were hot and boy, was I gawking!

Mr. Cutie No. 1, caught me staring and smiled. Naturally, I smiled back. Damn, he was hot! If it was my birthday, and there was a whole school of Hot Latin Men (HLM), I would not budge from my chair, save to go to the dance floor. But nOOOooo. Our twenty three year old pal wanted to adjourn to Rum Jungle (the rest of us have never step in Rum Jungle. Ever). *Bangs head against the wall*

As it was her big do, we obliged. When we arrived at Rum Jungle, the live band was playing a number by Shakira. I love Shakira so I walked straight in.

This was our downfall. I am now 100% certain that they used this dirty method to lure us in.

After a while, the band began to sing Chinese and Indian numbers. Much to my horror, everyone was dancing, all united. I mean, hello?

The only nice thing I have to say about Rum Jungle is that it has a nice interior. Other than that it sucked. The music sucked. The crowd sucked...unless your idea of fun are ah bengs and ah lians and uncles over forty years old leering at fresh young things. Damn, I started to miss the HLMs.

After an hour, we had it and decided to go back to where we came from. Sadly, that was not about to happen as the sky began to darken and it began to pour heavily. HURRAH! Thus we ended up in Rum Jungle for two whole hours which was equivalent to eternity for me. When we finally had to scram, the twenty three year old friend had to leave, though J and me wanted to go back to Hard Rock to enjoy what was left of the night. Since J had to fretch the b'day girl home, that was not about to happen. We went in to Hard Rock for a final scan, and found the band rocking, and everyone dancing. Plus, the band was GOOD!

*grrr*

Damn, we should not have adjourned. *Sniff*

5 Comments:

Blogger Akunosh said...

oyy.. why la rum jungle..?

u shud go next door, passion..!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger dee said...

I am asking myself the same question. Why Rum Jungle??? *Glares at twenty-three year old*

8:34 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Rum Jungle? Rum Jungle??? Hahaha! At least you didn't go to Thai Club! They are about the same, with all ah lians and ah bengs!

9:40 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Adrian - *Sniff* John was laughing when I told him we went there. And I have already been to Thai Club. Thai my a**

8:18 PM  
Blogger andrewkin said...

hahahaha ... ok la ... RJungle not that bad ... although I haven't been there yet :P

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home