Friday, March 09, 2007

Vegetarian pretzels

It’s after work. H and I decide to go to KLCC for window shopping. We end up at New Zealand's ice cream. After enjoying our treat, we head downstairs when suddenly the craving for a nice Aunty Annie’s pretzel (sour cream, mind you) overwhelms me.

I proceed to the booth, order my pretzel and was ready to leave when I glance upon two Indian men who were behind me.

“What is this? Is it a doughnut?” said Guy No 1, with a heavy Indian accent. My guess? They are from India.

The server looks dumbfound while I try to stifle a smirk.

“No, it’s a pretzel,” I explained to the tourist.

Both men look at me. Guy No 2 says, “What is a pretzel?”

I seriously do not know what to say. To which he continue with the question: -

“Is the pretzel vegetarian?”

I stared at both men feeling a big smirk emerging on my face. The server looks at me. I look back at him and grin ear to ear. He grins back. I hurriedly walk to where H was standing. If I stay watching the two men, most likely I would start guffawing loudly in public.
And we do not want that do we?

5 Comments:

Blogger Cherry Popcorn said...

Bad la you.. Haha.. did you explain to him in the end?

Y do you put your blog's name as ramblings or a madman? Haha.. I thought you were a guy!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is not a HE but might as well be:D So bad lah I had no idea when I saw one for the first time either the fren who was with me had to explain andd give me a bite to try.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL u know what? If it happens to me, I would be gladly to explain to them what a pretzel is LOL

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the two guys just came out from a kampung or what?

10:34 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Princess Shin - I have been mistaken for a guy before. Not that I mind, mind you. I think I would make a handsome one. LOLZ!

Aysh -I ain't bad..=(

Michelle - It's hard to explain something to someone when all you want to do is smirk..*smirks*

David - Seriously, I have no idea...

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home