Friday, September 29, 2006

Gymified...

I normally hate exercising and thanks to a high metabolism rate, I need not work out.

Thus it came as a surprise when I spent the weekend visiting a gym, all thanks to a darling friend of mine who recommended JM and me. We were ushered into this wonderful waiting room which had the most uber comfortable sofas ever. As I was about to get into a cosy position a man came and greet us cordially. He then proceeded to ask the most stupidest question ever.

"So why are you here?"

Like hello?

Answer in my head, "For the pancakes"

However since honesty (or sarcasm in this case) is not always the best policy I glanced at JM and she at me both with a huge questionmark on the top of our heads, where the halos should have been. (Strange, I thought people visit a gym for the juicebars, I swear).

Mr. Pompous Prick then asked us whether we exercised and what we would like to work on. As JM prattled on the various sports she played and what she would like to work about, I got myself into a comfortable position and proceeded to be bored. The idea of taking out the book from my bag barraged me but I guess that might have been a wee bit too rude. So I smiled. Wanly. With a tortured look on my face.

Mr. PP (that is short for Pompous Prick in case you didn't notice) then glanced at me in the most prissy-like manner and asked what would I like to work out. I shrugged and told him frankly I had no idea. He then exasperatedly asked me whether I work out. I smiled as sweetly as I could mustered and told him nil whatsoever. He had the horror-of-horrors look.

He then brought us on a tour of the gym. I have to say I was impressed. Even a lazy fart as me felt like working out when I saw the gym. And the pool. And the jacuzzi. When he told us about the dance classes I was in seventh heaven. My bubble soon broke when he brought us for a blood pressure and BMI reading. He gave me the most uber smug bitch look.

JM face changed to the shade of purple when she was told she was obese. Even I was surprise as JM so do not look obese. Unless obesity is the new skinny. When it came to my turn, my body fat was of normal purportions.

Hah!

And to think I did not snap a picture of Mr. PP face turning green.

Answer in mah head, "Honey, not all of us have high meta rate you know.."

But, then some things should remain close in the closet. Or head in this case.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to be honest, a lot of those so-called gym people are just trying to scare you into submission and then force you to sign up for their "Super Plan" which will cost you thousands of $.

Besides, I don't go to gym nowadays because I find that too many guys are checking guys out. *shrugs*

PS: At least I can say none of them checking me out. Just saying so make mahself feel better. LoL

4:52 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

1. Speaking as someone who frequently checks out other guys in the gym (and especially the changing rooms)... well, take it as a compliment.

2. I can't believe the guy told your friend she's obese!

3. But in his defense, the 'why are you here' question is a fair one. People go to gyms for different reasons - to lose weight, to bulk up, for cardio-training, to sign up for a fitness class, that kind of thing.

7:35 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Micheal - He is gay. (In exception to him, most of the gays I know are wonderful)

Adrian - Damn. And I was only going there to check the gym out.

Jay -

1. Lol. Will do.

2. He did.

3. You got a point there. However he was asking a sakai aka me so I thought exercise was the word that covered it all...=)

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee, actually there is a scientific and perfect explanation to all this. The machine malfunctioned. That's why your friend appeared obese whereas you appeared fine. The results should be reversed.

*runs for life*

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is JM Marinda? nooo way!!!

4:27 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Adrian - You better sprint

Aysh - Yes it's Miranda.

7:25 PM  
Blogger David Tay said...

Dee, this calls for more exercise...

hahahaha... =P

I support Mr PP though. Lol lol...I'm an exercise freak myself haha...

11:04 AM  
Blogger dee said...

David - Hehe. Somehow health freaks kinda make me feel damn guilty..=D

12:54 PM  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

Yay! A fellow high metabolism person. Let as eat and be merry and just forget about exercising altogether whee

4:25 PM  
Blogger David Tay said...

Dee,

We'll wait till you are 40...and see what happens...

usually, those in that age with lack of any exercise will have problems such as high blood, muscular problems, aches etc...

That time you'll get your butt off kicking to brisk walking, tai chi(lol), jogging etc. Usually health freaks start at the age or even younger, for ppl like you I mean...

No need to do brutal exercises, see a park nearby? Date with your mum, go walk and talk with her, make it a weekly affair. Or easier, dance in your room with the radio blasting. Climb up and down the goddamm stair. (and much more)

Btw, gyms are for those having no where else to dump their hard earned money.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merv - Amen brother

David - Wahliauness...

2:57 PM  
Blogger David Tay said...

LOL xD

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home